Thursday, May 29, 2008

Not So Ivy League

            Here's before-you see the ivy hanging down in the pool.


I clipped from above while Shauna got the parts hanging in the pool


Afterward- the rock wall is exposed, and no ivy in the pool


I have made an enemy here at 918 Woodland- THE IVY! It is everywhere in the backyard but not entirely welcome. As my friend (and garden Queen) Nicki says, "Ivy doesn't play fair" and therefore I plan to remove it. Ivy is tough, but there's a new sheriff in town, and she has garden snips! 

The first batch we're tackling is the part that's growing into the pool. I don't need any more leaves in there, so we attacked it over memorial day weekend. Additionally, a FROG has been living in the ivy and swimming in my pool! I think a chlorine free pond would be better for him and happier for me, so I am going to try and encourage him to pack his bags and hop on out of here by cutting back the ivy.

1 comment:

Sunny said...

Lovely!!! I WANT Ivy in my yard but altho everyone in my neighborhood has it in THEIRS- I can't coax it to my yard for anything!

Box some of yours up and send it to me. And the little frog too!!

All you need now is a fire place/pit on the patio around the pool and you'll be SET!!!! Oh- and an arbor!!

I'll hush now.