Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Cabana, anyone?

                             The before- cabana in pieces


                        The beginning...dog escapes photo


             Michelle takes a brief respite as we are nearing completion


                        Finally! Refuge from the sun! A job well done.



If you've got a backyard with a pool, you may as well have a cabana, or so I decided when I went to Z Gallerie and saw the perfect one. Last Sunday my friend Michelle came over and helped me put it up. Actually, she spearheaded the project while I assisted, and she totally rocked it!
It's really a simple design, so hopefully it won't be too much of a pain to take down for winter, and I love it! I plan to cut the tassels off- I think they cheapen it somewhat-and I am currently looking at some other ways to tie the green color scheme in. Our backyard feels like a high end resort now, don't you think?

1 comment:

Sunny said...

Lovely- I agree about the tassels......I think maybe a lower end palms about waist high at each post would be perfect for a tropical feel. sit them close to the poles and it will sort of surround them.

Ahhhhh....soon you will have a tropical paradise completed.