Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sitcker Fun

             The inspiration-the front door on Blueprint's first cover.

                                          My version-love it!


                         Old mailbox- yuck. Can I recycle this?


New mailbox-yay! A dressed up box that we bought at Lowe's for $11.



I have been wanting to copy the first issue cover of the dearly departed Blueprint Magazine. The cover shows a front door with "No. 1" (cute reference to the premiere issue) as the address of the house. I loved it and finally had a door to copy it with!

It's a very simple process. Speedysigns.com allows you to create vinyl stickers with their easy website. I made a couple of 918 address stickers for use on the door as well as the new mailbox. The old one was dented, rusty, and ugly. I hate those default numbers from the hardware store, so I was delighted to use the vinyl ones I created. The whole thing took about 20 minutes to order online and they arrived in five days! I love how they came out!

The mailbox was a cheapie from Lowe's, all I did was spraypaint the flag and add an adhesive ribbon from Martha Stewart's craft line at Michaels, and the vinyl stickers I ordered. Big improvement, don't you think?

2 comments:

Sunny said...

Awesome Door!!
And the mailbox is CERTAINLY an improvement.....uh-oh......I feel the urge to re-do our front door coming on.......And I'm blaming it on you and your blog too.

:-)

"Hubby?????....I have an IDEA!!!".

pony said...

I love the mailbox. Its soooo Katrina.