Sunday, August 3, 2008

Wedding Belles

My friend Jenn recently got engaged to Skip (you might recall- he's the handyman around here) and I am helping plan her wedding. Weddings have become a passion of mine, so I love to help out a friend and share everything I've learned from working for The South's Premiere Wedding Photographer. I thought I would put up some pictures from my friend Anna's wedding in Seattle last year. I did the flowers, decor, and was a bridesmaid to boot! It was a hectic time but it turned out to be such a lovely wedding, and on a very tight budget too! Would you believe I did flowers, favors, bridesmaid accessories and decor for $500? Anna found her beautiful dress for $100 so all in all, we were able to take care of everything besides the food, invitations, and venue for a pretty decent amount, especially compared to some weddings nowadays.


The bride's bouquet- I used white roses, gardenias, and white ranunculus. I found some beautiful satin ribbon at one of my favorite stores, At Home, in Savannah, and brought it all the way up to Seattle to tie off these pretty flowers. My very first time making one, and I'm looking forward to doing Jenn's!


The space was already so lovely, we just sprinkled some flowers throughout.


I hot glued a hot mess of pearls onto the base of this candle!





I did all the bridesmaid bouquets, smaller versions (minus gardenias) of the Anna's. We also found shoes for $20 a pair on ebay and had everyone wear a black dress they already owned. We tied an aqua blue ribbon around the waist and voila! Instant bridesmaid for not much cash.


The favors were simple tealights with floral ribbon and stickers I printed out at home. The other side says A & B, for Anna and Bryan.


Ok so it isn't the most fabulous balustrade drapery you'll ever see, but wait'll you hear what I did it with- IKEA curtains! I found some aqua fabric for $20 and purchased white gauzy ikea curtains, $5 for two. The whole thing cost $30. 



To delineate an aisle, I simply stapled floral ribbon in her color to the carpet. The china cabinets couldn't be moved, so more IKEA curtains came to the rescue, along with a wooden A and B painted white and hung from more floral ribbon.




3 comments:

BlondeShot Creative said...

You did a wonderful job on her wedding and youre doing a wonderful job on mine! Youre the best i wouldnt have wanted it any other way. your awesome and amazing and the most creative person i know. Thank you thank you thank you for making this so special and helping me out when all my family is far away and cant help me. we love you!
-jenn

Sunny said...

A woman of amazing talents!!
Beautiful!!!!

Troy Heard said...

Katrina! I'm fainting at the sight of your place...wow...