Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Party Spotlight: Halloween

The first annual Spooktacular Halloween Party was held in 2005 in Savannah. I finally decided I wasn't ever going to receive an invite to the type of Halloween Party I wanted (apple bobbing, cupcakes, cider) and the only ones that existed for my age group were not my style (kegs, slutty devil/angel girls, debauchery) and the only way to solve that was to hold my own. Behold, the first party! This is actually how Shauna and I became friends. I was talking about my idea in class when she volunteered to help. I was hesitant at first because my party standards are often higher than most people's and I didn't think she would understand that, but lucky for me she did. This first year was a little crude and it gets better each year, and I can't wait for the 2008 party!


                    Of course we had cupcakes. I'm clearly obsessed.


Shauna made these awesome witch finger cookies.



The puking pumpkin makes his debut! A welcome salsa dispenser from now on.


Martha Stewart had these great wine labels that year- her Halloween issue is not to be missed!



Here we are- a terrible pic but I am Nintendo's Princess Peach and she is Jessica Simpson's Daisy Duke. It was 2005, people.




Here's my chandelier that I found in the Salvatian Army parking lot! It now hangs in my dining room in the new house.



Blythe even dressed up for the event!








2 comments:

Sunny said...

Awesome ideas-Can you send me instructions on how the witches finger sandwiches were made? They look so cool!!!

I'm like you- I hate the kegger/slutty outfit parties deal- my taste runs more to classic and original costumes and such.

Me and Hubby are hosting a Halloween party for our grands and their Parents and a few close friends this year and you've given me some GREAT ideas this post!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the "Puking Pumpkin"!!! That definitely will be included in the fesivities.
;-)

And like you-I LOVE Cupcakes for parties- Cupcakes RULE!!!!

(Note-for a summer party try putting cake mix into a flat-bottomed ice-cream cone and baking them in the cones. Then frost and add sprinkles and it looks like a big ice cream cone without all he dripping and mess of actual ice cream cones.)

Hehehehe.

Thanks hun!! As usual-LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog!!!

BlondeShot Creative said...

i have a bunch of pictures from your 1st halloween party in savannah if you want them... i know they are somewhere on my computer. looking forward to this years party!