Saturday, August 2, 2008

Oldies but cupcakes

Triscuit takes her usual stance of hiding when strangers are over



Michelle shows off Mango's Alaskan outfit



Halfway melted but still delicious- Kahlua snowcones! Adults need snowcones too.



Another invention- seal calzones! Filled with cheese and herbs, these little guys had   peppercorn faces and were yummy.


I always label my food at parties so that people know what they're eating and don't have to ask, especially the vegetarians (like me!). 


Ok so we don't have penguins in Alaska (let alone marzipan ones!) but some of the party was about Alaskan stereotypes, like this igloo cake!


A party like this one must have smoked salmon and salmon dip! My dad would be proud, as he's the Seafood Messiah.


These candlesticks make an appearance at most of my parties but I simply paint or dress them to be fitting. This time it was with snowflakes and paper icicles. Easy to do and very fitting, especially if you get dollar store candles to switch out your colors.


    The piece de resistance- polar bear cupcakes! How precious are these? 



Due to merciless thieves, my camera and phone are no longer in my possession, making the delightful before and after pictures of the paint job in the dining room impossible to post. While I wait for a new camera, I have decided to post some pictures of parties from years past. I would LOVE to show you the dining room but we'll just have to wait.

These are from this year's Alaska Party. In honor of my friend Margaux visiting, I decided to have an Alaskan themed winter gathering. I was a little homesick at the time, so smoked salmon and wintery decor were just the thing!

2 comments:

Sunny said...

Beautiful!
So Creative!!

I'm remodeling my bath at the moment but after I'm finished with that project I'm going to do my main Hallway and turn it into a Photo Gallery. I wanted some creative pieces and you've given me some AWESOME ideas!

Sunny said...

Oh- Try a mudslide milkshake while you're out by the pool too......


Chocolate ice cream, milk, Kahlua, and rum or vodka in a blender. Drizzle a bit of choc syrup on the inside of the glass then add the shake. YUMMY on a HOT summers day-especially like he ones we have been having lately!!!!