Saturday, June 28, 2008

Scenes From The Office

I have been trying to get the office organized as it's sort of been the dumping ground for all things move-related. We cleared several boxes out yesterday and it still has a little ways to go, but here are some pictures of the acceptable part. I brought most of the organizational stuff from the old house, most of it is good old Ikea. I'm pretty happy with how this room is shaping up!



I have always organized my books by color.


Even though it's a book rainbow, it stays behind closed doors!


I scored a great vintage thermos collection at my favorite Scott Antique Market


This unit is just a simple bookshelf with glass doors from Ikea. I had Gabe paint the inside of the glass doors with glass primer that I had tinted blue, just like it was regular paint. I replaced the cheap Ikea knobs with nicer hardware from Lowe's and voila! It's a custom cabinet that I am in love with!

There are a LOT of arts and crafts supplies to be stored here in the office, but it's pretty much under control now!



I have decided to collect a few vintage pennants of places that are important to me. Though I am not in love with the colors, these are the first ones I have found. Still looking for a vintage Alaska pennant, or Juneau Alaska. I saw the perfect one on ebay and lost it! I hate that!


This is a piece I did last winter with a beautiful frame that Gabe made for me. That flying machine man is off of a Trader Joe's bag- you just never know where you'll find stuff to make art with!



No comments: