Saturday, July 19, 2008

Sign of the Times

From the movie- LOVE it.



My own version.







Here's a little weekend post about signage here at Unicorn Villa: I created a pool sign for the front door, which is simple and cute, so visitors and UPS men would know someone was indeed home. That sign has been hung a lot this summer!

Second: Handyman Extraordinaire Skip was able to hang the flag pole (hammer drill needed!) for the Big R Flag, which represents my last name. I always loved the Royal Tenenbaums Flag and that movie inspired my choice to pursue a career in film. The T Flag is one of the top things (second only to the game closet, I'm currently working on my collection of vintage board games) from the movie that I am tying into my own home because they were just so fabulous. Of course the Tenenbaum's Flag is much better as it is pink and on a finial, but we try as best we can. Later ideas include a pirate flag for Halloween and an Alaskan flag for my home state. 

1 comment:

Sunny said...

I see you finally decided on a name for your manor.

Love Love Love it!!!